SCO UnixWare 7.1.3 search PCI device
JH
2007-05-15 03:11:10 UTC
Hello everyone,

I write a program(not a driver) to search some pci board in Open
Server 5.0.7 through /dev/pci node.
In Open Server 5.0.7, the program works. When I want to porting the
program on Unix Ware 7.1.3, there
no pci node in /dev,

How do I to find pci board (use vendor id and device id ) and read
some pci configuration spaces?
use /dev/hpci ? or resmgr?

Thanks
kiran.puttur@hp.com
2007-05-15 18:22:35 UTC
Post by JH
Hello everyone,
I write a program(not a driver) to search some pci board in Open
Server 5.0.7 through /dev/pci node.
In Open Server 5.0.7, the program works. When I want to porting the
program on Unix Ware 7.1.3, there
no pci node in /dev,
How do I to find pci board (use vendor id and device id ) and read
some pci configuration spaces?
use /dev/hpci ? or resmgr?
Thanks
Resource manager : /sbin/resmgr -p "BRDID SBRDID" should give you all
the values related to vendor id deviceid & subsystem vendor id and
device id.

you can get extended pci configuration using "/etc/hw -vvv" as well

Thanks
Kiran