License Manager managed features
CJ
2007-10-12 14:31:15 UTC
Is an application's use of UNIX Domain Sockets and/or pseudo terminals
managed by the SCO 5.0.5 License Manager? I know TCP/IP utilities,
such as telnet, rtelnet, ftp, etc, are licensed features, and that
license is applied to the system.

cj
scoace
2007-10-12 17:37:26 UTC
Post by CJ
Is an application's use of UNIX Domain Sockets and/or pseudo terminals
managed by the SCO 5.0.5 License Manager? I know TCP/IP utilities,
such as telnet, rtelnet, ftp, etc, are licensed features, and that
license is applied to the system.
cj
This is covered by TA #107560 in the SCO knowledge base. FTP does not
use
a user license, telnet does because it calls login. Not sure what you
mean by
rtelnet, rlogin perhaps? The utility itself does not use a license, it
does call
login which uses a license.

Mike
CJ
2007-10-12 19:10:08 UTC
Post by scoace
Post by CJ
Is an application's use of UNIX Domain Sockets and/or pseudo terminals
managed by the SCO 5.0.5 License Manager? I know TCP/IP utilities,
such as telnet, rtelnet, ftp, etc, are licensed features, and that
license is applied to the system.
cj
This is covered by TA #107560 in the SCO knowledge base. FTP does not
use
a user license, telnet does because it calls login. Not sure what you
mean by
rtelnet, rlogin perhaps? The utility itself does not use a license, it
does call
login which uses a license.
Mike
Thanks, Mike. I meant rlogin, not the annex rtelnet command, sorry.