Question related to TimedWait
k***@gmail.com
2006-01-30 02:57:20 UTC
I'm trying to implement an implement a thread that does following a
function:
- Waits on a local sempaphore until it is signalled
- or Specified timeout elapses.

NetWare and Windows has this kind of call
eg: TimedWaitOnLocalSemaphore() for Novell NetWare.

trying to find a UnixWare/Openserver6 equivalent for this call. I can
put some timeout code in the thread. If possible I would prefer a
direct call. couldn't find any references for this in sco
documentation.

I'm new to sco-unix.. please help..

Thanks in advance,
- Steve
j***@my-deja.com
2006-01-31 11:38:59 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
I'm trying to implement an implement a thread that does following a
- Waits on a local sempaphore until it is signalled
- or Specified timeout elapses.
NetWare and Windows has this kind of call
eg: TimedWaitOnLocalSemaphore() for Novell NetWare.
trying to find a UnixWare/Openserver6 equivalent for this call. I can
put some timeout code in the thread. If possible I would prefer a
direct call. couldn't find any references for this in sco
documentation.
cond_timedwait() may be what you are looking for.
See
http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/man/html.3synch/cond_timedwait.3synch.html.

For a general introduction to Unix threads, see
http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/SDK_sysprog/ProgThdsLib.html.

Jonathan Schilling