ip_nat.h missing on 5.0.6 ?
Brian K. White
2004-10-29 21:47:39 UTC
I have a recent fresh install of 5.0.6 with rs506a and devsys
installed (unlicenced, but installed so that man pages and include
files get installed) and gnutools

I'm trying to build a package that wants ip_nat.h and indeed the 506
docs even say it should be there:

http://osr5doc.sco.com:457/cgi-bin/man/man?ipnat+ADMP

Yet it, nor any of the 4 .h files referenced above exist on my box.

I checked several 506 and 507 boxes where I've usually only installed
the linker & libs package and gnutools or older boxes with
pre-gnutools gcc & friends, and I don't find these files anywhere.

Does anyone have them or know exactly what version of what package
provides them?
J. L. Schilling
2004-11-01 16:53:39 UTC
Post by Brian K. White
I have a recent fresh install of 5.0.6 with rs506a and devsys
installed (unlicenced, but installed so that man pages and include
files get installed) and gnutools
I'm trying to build a package that wants ip_nat.h and indeed the 506
http://osr5doc.sco.com:457/cgi-bin/man/man?ipnat+ADMP
Yet it, nor any of the 4 .h files referenced above exist on my box.
I checked several 506 and 507 boxes where I've usually only installed
the linker & libs package and gnutools or older boxes with
pre-gnutools gcc & friends, and I don't find these files anywhere.
Does anyone have them or know exactly what version of what package
provides them?
I believe ip_nat.h and its companions that you cite are now obsolete --
see for example http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0110/msg00511.html.

A Solaris system I checked doesn't have it, and a Linux system I checked
doesn't have it in <netinet/>, but instead only in a weird subdirectory.

Jonathan Schilling
b***@aljex.com
2004-12-14 14:17:22 UTC
Thanks

The package was oidentd which is an implimentation of identd that is
configurable to say whatever the user wants and can work through nat.
But it's old and further searching has shown that it's stopped being
buildable on most other platforms a long time ago also, for the same
reason as I hit. Just as you say, the whole interface it wants to use
is obsolete.

It's not important. I use a few irc chat rooms and they live on
networks most of whose servers for some inexplicable and indefensible
reason require a valid identd response in order for a client to
connect. Anyone who knows what identd even does knows why this is
utterly stupid in todays world of nat routers and windows/*ix pc's
where the user is "root" and can have an identd that says anything they
want it to. I was thinking of having my sco box run oidentd to satisfy
irc servers whenever a pc ran an irc client but it's no biggie.