Converting ELF to COFF
Jim Morcombe
2005-02-11 06:56:43 UTC
I am running an old SCO Openserver 5.0.5 machine.

I have a C program that I need to compile and it uses a shared library
that is in ELF format. Is there any way to force my output to be in
COFF format?

Jim Morcombe
Bela Lubkin
2005-02-12 08:06:57 UTC
Post by Jim Morcombe
I am running an old SCO Openserver 5.0.5 machine.
I have a C program that I need to compile and it uses a shared library
that is in ELF format. Is there any way to force my output to be in
COFF format?
Only if you have source for and can recompile that shared library.

It's possible to find tools which will convert a static ELF binary to
static COFF (and in some cases it's even possible that the resulting
binary might run). There is no such possibility with respect to ELF
shared objects.

Why do you need a COFF binary?
Post by Jim Morcombe
Bela<