SourceNavigator on SCO openware 5.0.7
v***@gmail.com
2004-12-08 15:34:04 UTC
Hi all,
I am trying to install SourceNavigator
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcenav/) in my SCO 5.0.7 system. I
am facing my first hurdle when I execute "make". It complains about
syntax error in line 1238 in the Makefile.

I have a feeling that there might be more things to fix down the line
even if I manage to fix this first issue. If someone had already
successfully installed it, please let me kow how.

Thanks much,
Sri.
v***@gmail.com
2004-12-08 16:16:00 UTC
The line 1238 of Makefile is $(ALL_BUILD_MODULES):

# This rule is used to build the modules which are built with the
# build machine's native compiler.
.PHONY: $(ALL_BUILD_MODULES)
$(ALL_BUILD_MODULES):
dir=`echo $@ | sed -e 's/all-build-//'`; \
if [ -f ./$${dir}/Makefile ] ; then \
r=`${PWD}`; export r; \
s=`cd $(srcdir); ${PWD}`; export s; \
(cd $(BUILD_SUBDIR)/$${dir} && $(MAKE) all); \
else \
true; \
fi
==============================
the line 1239 has the dir without the @ sign.

-Sri.
Boyd Lynn Gerber
2004-12-08 20:01:45 UTC
Post by v***@gmail.com
I am trying to install SourceNavigator
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcenav/) in my SCO 5.0.7 system. I
am facing my first hurdle when I execute "make". It complains about
syntax error in line 1238 in the Makefile.
This is usually cause my using SCO make instead of GNU make. You may want
to install the gnu tools and use gmake instead.

--
Boyd Gerber <***@zenez.com>
j***@my-deja.com
2004-12-09 11:41:03 UTC