What is tpfioctl?
myomancer
2010-02-19 16:28:20 UTC
Hello

I'm seeing this warning messge in /var/adm/messages

WARNING: tpfioctl: illegal command, device: FFFF8500 command:
0000FFFF arg: 00000000.

And haven't got a clue what it means. Can anybody enlighten?

Thanks
John DuBois
2010-02-19 21:03:53 UTC
Post by myomancer
Hello
I'm seeing this warning messge in /var/adm/messages
0000FFFF arg: 00000000.
And haven't got a clue what it means. Can anybody enlighten?
tpfioctl is part of the TriCord PowerFrame MP driver.
I think that this is used only on rather old hardware.
The message is telling you that something opened a device
associated with this driver and did an invalid ioctl on it.

John
--
John DuBois ***@armory.com KC6QKZ/AE http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/