OpenServer 5 and OpenServer 6 compatibility
CJ
2007-05-31 16:20:05 UTC
I support both OS5 and OS6 SCO customers. I tend to build all
applications on OS5 and distributed to both OS5 and OS6 customers.
This has always worked until I began using pseudo terminals.

I have a "shell" that uses pseudo terminals to drive the application
passed on the command line. When I build on OS5 it works fine. When
I build on OS6 it works fine. When I build on OS5 but deploy and
execute on OS6, getpgid() -- used to insure the application is still
active -- an EPERM (89) is generated by getpgid().

Any ideas?
Jean-Pierre Radley
2007-06-01 00:42:00 UTC
CJ typed (on Thu, May 31, 2007 at 09:20:05AM -0700):
| I support both OS5 and OS6 SCO customers. I tend to build all
| applications on OS5 and distributed to both OS5 and OS6 customers.
| This has always worked until I began using pseudo terminals.
|
| I have a "shell" that uses pseudo terminals to drive the application
| passed on the command line. When I build on OS5 it works fine. When
| I build on OS6 it works fine. When I build on OS5 but deploy and
| execute on OS6, getpgid() -- used to insure the application is still
| active -- an EPERM (89) is generated by getpgid().

Is oss646c installed on your OSR 5.0.x system?
--
JP
==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==